Monday, December 8, 2014

BR 2-07: Anne Frank (Heinle,2002)



"I don't want to know who did it." (Heinle, 2002, p.29)

Anne Frank, a 13-year-old Jewish girl, led a miserable life in the 1940s. She wrote a diary and even now it's well-read by people around the world. Her father, Otto Frank survived in WWⅡ and took over it. Thousands of Jewish people were killed at the concentration camps and we can't imagine their lives because it's very peaceful in Japan now. If we had to undergo such a life, we would die earlier than those who lived in those days.

I have two things I like in this book. One is that Anne didn't give up her life even though she was endangered and kept her diary. She seemed so brave that I'd like to behave like her when I get into trouble. Also, I like what her father said after the war. When many people asked him that who told the Nazis about the Annex, he always answered the sentence on the top. I think he wanted to crave peace over the world rather than to blame the fact.

Here's the detail of her: http://www.annefrank.org/
[177 words]


Reference

Heinle, Thomson. (2002). Anne Frank. Boston, MA, USA: Blackbirch Press.






No comments:

Post a Comment