Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Essay 2-03a: Learning with Computers

Nowadays, it's necessary for everyone to have a computer and its skills. As to students, they often use ones for their assignments. Officers use ones for work. Thanks to computers, they can lead useful lives. There are a great number of ways to use the machinery. Here are the examples.

The students who major in English at KGU have to buy 'English Central' for doing their homeworks. The application is one of the best ways to learn English because when they use it, the language approaches them from different directions such as listening, typing vocabulary and speaking. Also, there are a variety of fields so that they can study many realms of English. First, students watch short videos spoken in English and see each sentence. If they find any words or phrases that they don't know, they click them and the application teachs them the meanings and the pronunciations. Next, they practice typing them to memorize the spellings. Then, they speak some important sentences with a microphones and it tells them the scores of speaking.

Besides, computers are treasury of knowledge. When students have to write a report, they can search for articles on the Internet. It shortens time to look for books in the library. If people use the same way, they can solve most problems or questions. For example, 'Yahoo Chiebukuro (知恵袋) ' is one of the good websites. When they don't know which disease they caught, they can ask "What is the name of the disease that ~?" Then, the experts answer the question. By the way, how many dictionaries do people usually have? There are many kinds but more specifically the dictionary is written, heavier and thicker it is. If they have a computers, there are countless dictionaries so they don't have to carry such annoying stuff. Moreover, can anyone calculate quickly and precisely? In fact, computers are the fastest and most accurate calculator. The most famous software for calculation is 'Excel', literally superiority.

Aside from this, the most accessible way to use computers is contacting with someone. Getting in touch with SNS makes it possible to learn information easier. Students can submit assignments even on the Internet.

Finally, computers had realized globalization. It means that people having computers all over the world can learn what happens in other places promptly on the Internet. Because of these reasons, computers can permit modern people to learn a variety of things effectively.



[408 words]


18 comments:

  1. Your essay has a lot of example of using computers. How often do you use for learning English? I often use them almost everyday and I face some problems about using computers. By the way, I think if you add more paragraphs, your essay become more easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Takahiro! I also use computers almost everyday to do assignments and to work at the office. I think if I add more paragraph in this essay, the themes of each paragraph might be broken.

      Delete
  2. Your essay is very nice. It is easy for me to understand.
    Do you enjoy learning with computers?
    I want more information what people can do using computers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my essay, Ume-shan! Actually I don't enjoy it. When I work at the office, I use computers when I check in some guests at the hotel and register memberships.

      Delete
  3. Your essay was very interesting!! Do you use a computer except for learning and for what? Your essay was also introduced some website as examples in detail. I think it is so good for people who read your essay. If you have a suggestion, it may be better if you write an article like computers' difficult points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nana! Except leaning English, I use computers at the office now because I work at the business hotel. If I think about bad points, its complicacy makes us annoying!

      Delete
  4. Nice essay, Ruka!
    When do you use computers without your homework?
    I want to know what website do you watch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mayu! I started to use computers as work after I got the current part-time job. I like hip-hop music, so I often surf music-related websites such as MTV.

      Delete
  5. Your essay was so nice! There were a lot of ideas of computers.
    How do you think about using computers in class or studying or searching of knowledge?
    Also, I recommend to make paragraphs more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Akino! It's a really convenient way to learn something, but for me, I'm not good at using them. It's important to add more paragraphs but it's hard to divide them into more pieces.

      Delete
  6. You gave examples in your essay, so I could understand easily. Which dictionary do you use in computer? I use computer everyday to do my homework or to send g-mail. I think computers are necessary.
    I think there are not true things in "Yahoo chiebukuro", so I recommend that you give other example which has reliability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yuka! When I learn English on the computer, I definitely use "英辞郎" of ALC. It includes so many examples of topicality and colloquialisms and of course there're a lot of learner's vocabulary. Thank you for your recommendation.

      Delete
  7. Hi, Ruka!!!
    Your essay is good.
    I agree with you.
    What do you like computer's function?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yuria! Functions of computers always make me annoying, but it's really convenient.

      Delete
  8. Hi, Ruka :D
    Your essay is awesome because there are a lot of example about using computers. I think we can't lack it. Do you like typing? What is the vest thing to use computers? please tell me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yamaki! I'm not good at typing but I need to get used to it because I have many tasks. For me, surfing some music websites attracts me so much.

      Delete
  9. What a perfect essay you did! I was so surprised to see it! You wrote about the learning with computer in detail. I might say you that the watcher could understand your essay really easy. Anyway, what do you think of responsibility of the internet user? Don`t you think there are bad side of using a computers? Nice work! keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hayato! The responsibility for Internet users is not to violate copyright.The bad side of using computers is the complicacy.

      Delete