Saturday, November 15, 2014

BR 2-03: Wonders of the World(Ashley, 2003)




'Can you find these Wonders of the World on the world map?'

This book tells us about the biggest, highest, largest, or deepest places in the world. I had already known some of them, such as the highest mountain, Mt Everest in Nepal and the biggest coral reef, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. However, I learned the largest glacier, The Lambert Glacier in Antarctica, the deepest cave, the Jean Bernard Cave in France, and the highest waterfall, the Angel Falls in Venezuela. All of them attracts me so much! If I have enough money and time, I'd like to travel all over the world and visit all the places that are written on this book. 


When I was in high school and studied world history, I learned a phrase. It is 'the result of Nile'. Although it's hard to understand only the phrase, this book explains the meaning. It means that most of the food in Egypt is grown near the River Nile because of so much rain and flood.


[159 words]

References
Ashley, Moana. (2003). Wonders of the world. Oxford, England; Oxford University Press.



No comments:

Post a Comment