Sunday, November 23, 2014

BR 2-06: Gulliver's Travels in Lilliput(Swift, 2008)


'He goes to Blefuscu and looks for new adventures there.' (Swift, 2008, p. #)


When I took the History of English Literature, I learned about this original story and him, Jonathan Swift, so I chose this book today. This is the story that a ship's doctor, Lemuel Gulliver, went missing in a heavy storm one day and arrived at the island in which very little people lived, Lilliput. He saved there from the Blefuscu's attack, but there were some people who sought the life of him. Finally he left there and went to Blefuscu. Here's the last sentence on the top.

I like his final action in this book. He went to the island where he attacked. Although I have never read the whole story of Gulliver's Travels, I want to read it someday. Have you ever heard Lilliput, the island where little people live? I know there are a lot of stories that little or big people appear in ordinary people's world, for example, One Piece, one of the famous comics in Japan. However, I think many authors these days copy such a Swift's idea.

[173 words]

Reference
Swift, Jonathan. (2008). Gulliver's Travels in Lilliput. Oxford, England: Macmillan Heinemann ELT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment