Friday, May 16, 2014

Priming questions on hopes and fears

I'll leave for Minnesota in July. It isn't my first time abroad. I went to eastern Canada to study English when I was a high school student.
First, I hope to accomplish acquiring the ability of speaking daily English fluently in Minnesota. However, I'm not good at listening to what you speak English so I'm afraid of your feeling tired of speaking again and again.

Second, I hope to find some American culture I don't know. If I watch TV or talk to someone, I can learn some pieces of information, but I think there is more of it when I'm exposed to the culture directly. Though I may sometimes feel confused and it might be difficult to accept it, I need to know it and compare with Japanese one at first.
Third, I hope to make American friends  and Japanese friends through the wonderful experience. Actually, there were many students I hadn't talk to in this class, I'd like to get along with them in this opportunity. However, I'm afraid of being with Japanese friends too often because it's easier to speak Japanese. 
Next, I'm forward to travelling because I've been to a foreign contry by myself and so I can build on my experience, but where I've been to is safer, I have to pay attention more. 
Finally,  I'd like to have fun to stay in Minnesota with my classmates and make lots of memories but I have a fear to only have fun and not to study.
[250 words]

2 comments:

  1. It's great!
    Why do you want to go to Minnesota?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving me a comment, karin!! I'm going to Minnesota for taking the class called kaigaikenshu. Which country do you want to go to?

      Delete