Tuesday, October 21, 2014

BR 2-01: Mother Teresa (Adrian-Vallance, 2006)




"She said goodbye to her family. She was eighteen years old."

This is a story of Mother Teresa. She is a world-famous nun, who saved a lot of poor people in India and received a novel peace prize. Although she died in 1997, she is still popular all over the world.

When I was 14, I took part in a recitation contest and its theme was about her. The more I recited the story, I found her brave and humble. Moreover, I have got interested in poverty and street children because I had joined a NGO group called "Free The Children" in high school. That's why I checked out this book as soon as I found it. 

What I respect her most is that she decided to be a nun when she was only 18 and she never saw her family. I think this action needed much bravery for her. When I was 18, I could only think about myself.


Reference
 Adrian-Vallance, D'arcy. (2006). Mother Teresa. Harlow,England; Penguin Books.
 
 (149 words)



No comments:

Post a Comment