Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My favorite high school memory

When I was in high school, I belonged to the Japanese traditional drums club for whole school life. At first, everyday practices were so hard for me because I didn't play any sports in junior high without P.E. In the first grade, we trained our muscles with dumbbells, did more than hundred sit-ups a day and so on. Of course, we formed a lot of blisters on our hands with these apparatus. When our older club mates played the drums, we always had to sit on our legs throughout, on the firm and cold floor. Our coach and those club mates were so strict that it was an opportunity to learn the social manner. After we became the oldest grade, we practiced the drums and had performances here and there many times. It was so exciting and we created a sense of teamwork. However, I developed an ear disease because of hearing the loud sound from the drums. It was awful that I couldn't perform an important concert and I ruined my ears. I had been to the hospital for a couple of months to treat it, but it couldn't cure completely. When we held the last concert at high school, many friends and my family came to watch it and I took a full swing. After that, I missed the club mates, but some of them in KGU says hello to me now.  (234 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment